Tupac Shakur's Song in Sex Tape Gets $1 Million Offer
Despite legal threat from Tupac Shakur's estate, bidding wars over the late rapper's sex tape continue. A $1 million offer has reportedly been placed, but it's not for the steamy video. According to TMZ, it's to acquire rights to the unreleased track playing in the background of the tape.
Sources told the publication that CEO of NOHO, an anti-hangover drink, is the one who's placing the bid. The boss reportedly plans to use the sex tape's soundtrack as the official theme song for his beverage company. It's unclear whether or not the deal has been sealed.
The five-minute video was taken in a living room back in 1991. The late rapper held a cocktail at one hand and a joint in another. Per TMZ, Tupac sang along his unreleased song which was playing in the background. He wiggled his hips while one of the women serviced him.
Soon after the existence of the sex tape was revealed, a representative for Shakur's estate said, "We will sue anyone who tries to sell a Tupac tape." His mom Afeni Shakur added through her spokesperson, "Get the legal team ready because [we] will not allow someone to put it out."
Tupac was gunned down in Las Vegas in 1996. Two years prior to his death, the rapper was shot outside a Manhattan studio. The incident marked the start of a deadly feud that led to the murders of both Tupac and Notorious B.I.G.. In June of 2011, convicted felon Dexter Issac confessed to have been paid by Jimmy Henchman to shoot and rob Tupac in 1994.
More Tupac Shakur News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns