Zsa Zsa Gabor Resting After Undergoing Stomach Surgery
Zsa Zsa Gabor has undergone a stomach surgery on Sunday, October 9, a day after she was rushed to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. Her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt said that doctors successfully performed the operation to reattach a feeding tube, which had become loose and caused bleeding.
According to Anhalt, the 94-year-old actress is now resting at the Los Angeles hospital following the surgery and might leave the hospital in a few days, adding that doctors are waiting for antibiotics to take effect on the infection. Supporting Anhalt's statement, his spokesperson John Blanchette said that the "Moulin Rouge" (1952) star is doing well and would recover.
Gabor was previously said in critical condition after she was found unconscious at her Bel-Air home on Saturday morning, October 8. She had a high fever and was suffering internal bleeding. Doctors stated that blood and other bodily fluids flew out of Gabor's feeding tube in her stomach.
After being kept overnight at the hospital and responding well to antibiotics, Gabor was able to open her eyes and squeeze her husband's hand on Sunday morning. "She's a fighter," Blanchette said at the time. "She grabbed his [husband's] hand and squeezed it. So she doesn't want to go yet. She wants to stay."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed