Zsa Zsa Gabor Resting After Undergoing Stomach Surgery
Zsa Zsa Gabor has undergone a stomach surgery on Sunday, October 9, a day after she was rushed to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. Her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt said that doctors successfully performed the operation to reattach a feeding tube, which had become loose and caused bleeding.
According to Anhalt, the 94-year-old actress is now resting at the Los Angeles hospital following the surgery and might leave the hospital in a few days, adding that doctors are waiting for antibiotics to take effect on the infection. Supporting Anhalt's statement, his spokesperson John Blanchette said that the "Moulin Rouge" (1952) star is doing well and would recover.
Gabor was previously said in critical condition after she was found unconscious at her Bel-Air home on Saturday morning, October 8. She had a high fever and was suffering internal bleeding. Doctors stated that blood and other bodily fluids flew out of Gabor's feeding tube in her stomach.
After being kept overnight at the hospital and responding well to antibiotics, Gabor was able to open her eyes and squeeze her husband's hand on Sunday morning. "She's a fighter," Blanchette said at the time. "She grabbed his [husband's] hand and squeezed it. So she doesn't want to go yet. She wants to stay."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son