Jennifer Hudson Cancels Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Due to 'Major Production Issues'
Jennifer Hudson has broken her silence regarding her exit from Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales. Last Sunday, October 9, the former "American Idol" contestant explained she was forced to ditch the gig due to some "major production issues."
"To my uk fans that were coming to the mj show in wales. I will no longer be attentding (sic) due to major production issues," she tweeted before adding, "I would have thought they would have informed you all by now , so since they did not , I am. Thank u for your support."
J-Hud didn't detail the problem, but "there was something else going on here." Her camp reportedly complained she was not given enough time to rehearse the music she was expected to perform. However, she was allegedly sent the material the same time the other performers like Christina Aguilera, Ne-Yo, Alexandra Burke, and Leona Lewis received theirs.
The last-minute cancellation reportedly caught the show's producers completely off-guard, but a rep for J-Hud insisted the producers "completely understood" their decision. On the contrary, rumors suggested otherwise saying they were upset and wanted the money, reportedly a six-figure paycheck, they paid her.
Michael Jackson was saluted at a star-studded concert at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Saturday, October 8. The likes of Cee-Lo Green, Jamie Foxx, Gladys Knight, Smoky Robinson and Beyonce Knowles took part at the special remembrance event. The late King of Pop's children, Prince, Paris and Blanket appeared at the show as well.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says