Police Conduct Investigation on the Death of Weezer's Ex-Bassist
Mikey Welsh, who played with Weezer between 1998 and 2001, was found dead on the floor of a Chicago hotel room on Saturday, October 8 afternoon. Police are still investigating on the cause of death but it is suspected that the 40-year-old died of drug overdose.
Welsh failed to check out of Raffaello Hotel in the 200 block of East Delaware Place. Hotel staff checked on him at 1 P.M. and found his body. Welsh was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:50 P.M. Autopsy was scheduled for later that day, Chicago authorities said.
Welsh was in town to watch Weezer playing live at the Chicago Riot Fest. The band have expressed their sadness over his death, writing, "As many of you may have heard, Mikey Welsh has passed away. Understanding that many here are grieving, Weezerpedia has created a digital eulogy page for Mikey Welsh where fans can post stories, pictures, or thoughts. R.I.P. Mikey."
Welsh left the group in 2001 due to nervous breakdown. He went on becoming a painter.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack