Police Conduct Investigation on the Death of Weezer's Ex-Bassist
Mikey Welsh, who played with Weezer between 1998 and 2001, was found dead on the floor of a Chicago hotel room on Saturday, October 8 afternoon. Police are still investigating on the cause of death but it is suspected that the 40-year-old died of drug overdose.
Welsh failed to check out of Raffaello Hotel in the 200 block of East Delaware Place. Hotel staff checked on him at 1 P.M. and found his body. Welsh was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:50 P.M. Autopsy was scheduled for later that day, Chicago authorities said.
Welsh was in town to watch Weezer playing live at the Chicago Riot Fest. The band have expressed their sadness over his death, writing, "As many of you may have heard, Mikey Welsh has passed away. Understanding that many here are grieving, Weezerpedia has created a digital eulogy page for Mikey Welsh where fans can post stories, pictures, or thoughts. R.I.P. Mikey."
Welsh left the group in 2001 due to nervous breakdown. He went on becoming a painter.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked