Stars and Michael Jackson's Kids Paid Tribute to the Legend
Celebrities and fans gathered at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Saturday, October 8 to pay respect to the late Michael Jackson. The tribute concert went on smoothly despite previous opposition from Michael's brothers, Jermaine and Randy Jackson, and despite Dr. Conrad Murray's ongoing trial.
Four hours long, the concert was kicked off by Ne-Yo who opened it with "Billie Jean" and "The Lady In My Life". "It's not about the controversy, it's not about the trial, it's not about his death. It's about celebrating his life, it's about celebrating his music," Ne-Yo said from the stage.
Ne-Yo's performance was followed by JLS' which involved Marlon, Tito and Jackie Jackson in a rendition of "Blame it on the Boogie". While Janet Jackson refused to participate, Michael's other sister LaToya Jackson took the stage in what was her first public performance in nearly 20 years.
Tributes also came from Michael's nephews who formed 3T as well as the King of Pop's children, Prince, Paris and Blanket who led the crowd to dance to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough." Paris, who was dressed in a replica of her father's famous jacket, said, "We're very happy to be here on this special night to honor our father."
Other stars sparing their time for the tribute were Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Cee-Lo, Jamie Foxx, Diversity, Gladys Knight, Smoky Robinson as well as Beyonce Knowles who appeared via satellite.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!