Stars and Michael Jackson's Kids Paid Tribute to the Legend
Celebrities and fans gathered at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Saturday, October 8 to pay respect to the late Michael Jackson. The tribute concert went on smoothly despite previous opposition from Michael's brothers, Jermaine and Randy Jackson, and despite Dr. Conrad Murray's ongoing trial.
Four hours long, the concert was kicked off by Ne-Yo who opened it with "Billie Jean" and "The Lady In My Life". "It's not about the controversy, it's not about the trial, it's not about his death. It's about celebrating his life, it's about celebrating his music," Ne-Yo said from the stage.
Ne-Yo's performance was followed by JLS' which involved Marlon, Tito and Jackie Jackson in a rendition of "Blame it on the Boogie". While Janet Jackson refused to participate, Michael's other sister LaToya Jackson took the stage in what was her first public performance in nearly 20 years.
Tributes also came from Michael's nephews who formed 3T as well as the King of Pop's children, Prince, Paris and Blanket who led the crowd to dance to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough." Paris, who was dressed in a replica of her father's famous jacket, said, "We're very happy to be here on this special night to honor our father."
Other stars sparing their time for the tribute were Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Cee-Lo, Jamie Foxx, Diversity, Gladys Knight, Smoky Robinson as well as Beyonce Knowles who appeared via satellite.
More Michael Jackson News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik