Tom Cruise Touted to Star in WB's 'We Mortals Are'
Tom Cruise reportedly is the selected actor to lead Warner Bros.' latest big-budget sci-fi war project, "We Mortals Are" or previously known as "All You Need Is Kill". THR quoted a producer as saying, "The studios are interested in him again."
Last month, there were whispers that WB wanted Brad Pitt to be the main star and Doug Liman as the director. It looks like, the plan to reunite Pitt and his "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" director did not go through. Liman is still attached because his other big-budget movie "Luna" was folded by Paramount.
Pitt was reportedly in dilemma whether to accept the role in "Mortals" because the studio also wants him to be in "The Mission". Apart from that, there's the issue of Pitt potentially earning an Oscar nomination for his work in "Moneyball". Therefore, Pitt is deemed worthy to find any kind of role that he wants because he's a man in big demand.
If the role offered to Cruise is the same to Pitt, then the former will play a young Army recruit who dies on the battlefield against an alien invasion. The film is based on the Japanese manga by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and would be released in 2013.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'