Tom Cruise Touted to Star in WB's 'We Mortals Are'
Tom Cruise reportedly is the selected actor to lead Warner Bros.' latest big-budget sci-fi war project, "We Mortals Are" or previously known as "All You Need Is Kill". THR quoted a producer as saying, "The studios are interested in him again."
Last month, there were whispers that WB wanted Brad Pitt to be the main star and Doug Liman as the director. It looks like, the plan to reunite Pitt and his "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" director did not go through. Liman is still attached because his other big-budget movie "Luna" was folded by Paramount.
Pitt was reportedly in dilemma whether to accept the role in "Mortals" because the studio also wants him to be in "The Mission". Apart from that, there's the issue of Pitt potentially earning an Oscar nomination for his work in "Moneyball". Therefore, Pitt is deemed worthy to find any kind of role that he wants because he's a man in big demand.
If the role offered to Cruise is the same to Pitt, then the former will play a young Army recruit who dies on the battlefield against an alien invasion. The film is based on the Japanese manga by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and would be released in 2013.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video