'How to Be a Gentleman' to End After 9 Episodes
"How to Be a Gentleman" has received the bad news. The new CBS comedy reportedly gets axed since production of the series will be shut down after 9 episodes, Deadline has learned. The final episode, meanwhile, is scheduled to wrap filming on Friday night, October 7.
Hours earlier, CBS officially announced that it bumps the David Hornsby-created series from Thursday 8:30 P.M. slot to a less coveted one on Saturday night at 8:30 P.M. While the move hinted the comedy show is heading to an end, the network did not mention anything about cancellation since it never officially cancels a series before the upfronts.
The second episode of "Gentleman", which aired on October 6, actually ranked second in its time slot 6 with 7.8 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in 18-49 demo. However, it is considered low compared to its lead-in "The Big Bang Theory" which pulled in 13.6 million viewers and a 4.4 rating in the same demo.
Thus, the eye decided to give the show's coveted Thursday slot to "Rules of Engagement" starting October 20. A repeat of "Big Bang", meanwhile, will fill the hole left by the Kevin Dillon-starrer on October 13.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked