'How to Be a Gentleman' to End After 9 Episodes
"How to Be a Gentleman" has received the bad news. The new CBS comedy reportedly gets axed since production of the series will be shut down after 9 episodes, Deadline has learned. The final episode, meanwhile, is scheduled to wrap filming on Friday night, October 7.
Hours earlier, CBS officially announced that it bumps the David Hornsby-created series from Thursday 8:30 P.M. slot to a less coveted one on Saturday night at 8:30 P.M. While the move hinted the comedy show is heading to an end, the network did not mention anything about cancellation since it never officially cancels a series before the upfronts.
The second episode of "Gentleman", which aired on October 6, actually ranked second in its time slot 6 with 7.8 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in 18-49 demo. However, it is considered low compared to its lead-in "The Big Bang Theory" which pulled in 13.6 million viewers and a 4.4 rating in the same demo.
Thus, the eye decided to give the show's coveted Thursday slot to "Rules of Engagement" starting October 20. A repeat of "Big Bang", meanwhile, will fill the hole left by the Kevin Dillon-starrer on October 13.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum