Paul McCartney to Marry Nancy Shevell on John Lennon's 71st Birthday
Paul McCartney could wed Nancy Shevell on what should have been John Lennon's 71st birthday. The Daily Mail reported that the former member of The Beatles is expected to marry his fiancee in a private civil ceremony in London this coming Sunday, October 9.
The British tabloid detailed that the couple, who have been together for four years, will exchange wedding vows in front of just 30 guests at The Old Marylebone Town Hall, which is officially listed as Westminster Register Office. It is the same venue where Paul married late first wife Linda in 1969.
Accordingly, the wedding will be conducted by Westminster City Council's Superintendent Registrar Alison Cathcart. One staff member of the Town Hall said, "[Paul] is definitely having it here. Alison Cathcart is the registrar and she's had to sign a confidentiality agreement so hasn't told any of us."
"I've looked in the book and it's not in for this Sunday but that doesn't mean it won't be," he added. "Usually, we only open on the first Sunday of every month. So they have just missed that one. But they could easily make special arrangements for him. I know it's going to be very soon. We might only find out on the day."
The wedding reception is said to be taking place at the back garden of Paul's house in nearby St John's Wood. On Friday, October 7, a marquee was being erected at his house, while event planners and interior designers were spotted adding the finishing touches. Bouquets of pale yellow roses, bags of ice and sound equipment were also seen delivered to the house.
Paul started dating Nancy during the summer of 2007. In early May of 2011, the "Yesterday" hitmaker proposed to the New York businesswoman with a 1925 Cartier engagement ring. This will be the music legend's third marriage. He divorced his second wife, former model Heather Mills, in 2008.
More Paul McCartney News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two