Patricia Arquette Deletes Facebook Page After Harassment
Patricia Arquette has come into conclusion that a celebrity can not befriend random strangers over Facebook. The actress has deactivated her account after one of her "friends" on the social network began harassing her online.
Through an experiment, Arquette wanted to find out whether she could get to know any regular folk as a person. "Could you really become friends? Could you move past all that they had in their mind about you and actually show them the real you?" she wrote on her page and answered, "I would say on a large part yes."
However, Arquette's experiment failed when she received a notice from her security team that a problem had occurred due to "friending" strangers. Without going specifics, the actress wrote, "I ASK YOU NOT TO FRIEND ANYONE HERE THAT YOU DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THIS PAGE DOESN'T REALLY MEAN THEY ARE SAFE!!!!"
Arquette will keep her Twitter account to keep in touch with people she knows well.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory