Brutal Murders Shown in First 'The Raven' Trailer
John Cusack and Luke Evans take center stage in the first trailer of "The Raven", a thriller about a mad serial killer who uses Edgar Allan Poe's work as the basis of brutal murders. The film may use the name Poe and one of his well-known poems but it is not based on the famous writer's real life because Cusack's involves himself in the actions.
When a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper - part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe. But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired by a popular Poe story.
"V for Vendetta" and "Ninja Assassin" director James McTeigue directed the thriller which is scheduled to premiere March 9, 2012. Alice Eve and Brendan Gleeson also star.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album