Brutal Murders Shown in First 'The Raven' Trailer
John Cusack and Luke Evans take center stage in the first trailer of "The Raven", a thriller about a mad serial killer who uses Edgar Allan Poe's work as the basis of brutal murders. The film may use the name Poe and one of his well-known poems but it is not based on the famous writer's real life because Cusack's involves himself in the actions.
When a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper - part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe. But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired by a popular Poe story.
"V for Vendetta" and "Ninja Assassin" director James McTeigue directed the thriller which is scheduled to premiere March 9, 2012. Alice Eve and Brendan Gleeson also star.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media