Brutal Murders Shown in First 'The Raven' Trailer
John Cusack and Luke Evans take center stage in the first trailer of "The Raven", a thriller about a mad serial killer who uses Edgar Allan Poe's work as the basis of brutal murders. The film may use the name Poe and one of his well-known poems but it is not based on the famous writer's real life because Cusack's involves himself in the actions.
When a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper - part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe. But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired by a popular Poe story.
"V for Vendetta" and "Ninja Assassin" director James McTeigue directed the thriller which is scheduled to premiere March 9, 2012. Alice Eve and Brendan Gleeson also star.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns