Brutal Murders Shown in First 'The Raven' Trailer
John Cusack and Luke Evans take center stage in the first trailer of "The Raven", a thriller about a mad serial killer who uses Edgar Allan Poe's work as the basis of brutal murders. The film may use the name Poe and one of his well-known poems but it is not based on the famous writer's real life because Cusack's involves himself in the actions.
When a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper - part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe. But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired by a popular Poe story.
"V for Vendetta" and "Ninja Assassin" director James McTeigue directed the thriller which is scheduled to premiere March 9, 2012. Alice Eve and Brendan Gleeson also star.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered