Brutal Murders Shown in First 'The Raven' Trailer
John Cusack and Luke Evans take center stage in the first trailer of "The Raven", a thriller about a mad serial killer who uses Edgar Allan Poe's work as the basis of brutal murders. The film may use the name Poe and one of his well-known poems but it is not based on the famous writer's real life because Cusack's involves himself in the actions.
When a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper - part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe. But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired by a popular Poe story.
"V for Vendetta" and "Ninja Assassin" director James McTeigue directed the thriller which is scheduled to premiere March 9, 2012. Alice Eve and Brendan Gleeson also star.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says