Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Gets 20 Years in Prison
Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter, Amanda Brumfield, was sentenced to 20 years of prison after found guilty on aggravated manslaughter of her best friend's child. Brumfield, who has not talked to her actor father for years, attended the sentencing on Thursday, October 6 and broke down after hearing the sentence.
"I miss Olivia just as much as anybody does," she said. Her one year old goddaughter Olivia Madison Garcia died while in her care in October 2008. Brumfield insisted that the child fell head first when she tried to climb out of a playpen. But autopsy revealed that Garcia suffered from fractured skull and brain injury, which is impossible to get from such short fall.
Garcia's mother, Heather Murphy told Orlando Sentinel that the sentence was "more than I expected." Brumfield wrote a letter which was read at the sentencing by her friend Christina Stewart. "Olivia brought joy to our family from the moment she was born," Brumfield wrote. "Olivia always was, is and will be my little girl."
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera