Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Gets 20 Years in Prison
Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter, Amanda Brumfield, was sentenced to 20 years of prison after found guilty on aggravated manslaughter of her best friend's child. Brumfield, who has not talked to her actor father for years, attended the sentencing on Thursday, October 6 and broke down after hearing the sentence.
"I miss Olivia just as much as anybody does," she said. Her one year old goddaughter Olivia Madison Garcia died while in her care in October 2008. Brumfield insisted that the child fell head first when she tried to climb out of a playpen. But autopsy revealed that Garcia suffered from fractured skull and brain injury, which is impossible to get from such short fall.
Garcia's mother, Heather Murphy told Orlando Sentinel that the sentence was "more than I expected." Brumfield wrote a letter which was read at the sentencing by her friend Christina Stewart. "Olivia brought joy to our family from the moment she was born," Brumfield wrote. "Olivia always was, is and will be my little girl."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'