Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Gets 20 Years in Prison
Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter, Amanda Brumfield, was sentenced to 20 years of prison after found guilty on aggravated manslaughter of her best friend's child. Brumfield, who has not talked to her actor father for years, attended the sentencing on Thursday, October 6 and broke down after hearing the sentence.
"I miss Olivia just as much as anybody does," she said. Her one year old goddaughter Olivia Madison Garcia died while in her care in October 2008. Brumfield insisted that the child fell head first when she tried to climb out of a playpen. But autopsy revealed that Garcia suffered from fractured skull and brain injury, which is impossible to get from such short fall.
Garcia's mother, Heather Murphy told Orlando Sentinel that the sentence was "more than I expected." Brumfield wrote a letter which was read at the sentencing by her friend Christina Stewart. "Olivia brought joy to our family from the moment she was born," Brumfield wrote. "Olivia always was, is and will be my little girl."
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'