Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Gets 20 Years in Prison
Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter, Amanda Brumfield, was sentenced to 20 years of prison after found guilty on aggravated manslaughter of her best friend's child. Brumfield, who has not talked to her actor father for years, attended the sentencing on Thursday, October 6 and broke down after hearing the sentence.
"I miss Olivia just as much as anybody does," she said. Her one year old goddaughter Olivia Madison Garcia died while in her care in October 2008. Brumfield insisted that the child fell head first when she tried to climb out of a playpen. But autopsy revealed that Garcia suffered from fractured skull and brain injury, which is impossible to get from such short fall.
Garcia's mother, Heather Murphy told Orlando Sentinel that the sentence was "more than I expected." Brumfield wrote a letter which was read at the sentencing by her friend Christina Stewart. "Olivia brought joy to our family from the moment she was born," Brumfield wrote. "Olivia always was, is and will be my little girl."
More Billy Bob Thornton News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4