Billy Bob Thornton's Daughter Gets 20 Years in Prison
Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter, Amanda Brumfield, was sentenced to 20 years of prison after found guilty on aggravated manslaughter of her best friend's child. Brumfield, who has not talked to her actor father for years, attended the sentencing on Thursday, October 6 and broke down after hearing the sentence.
"I miss Olivia just as much as anybody does," she said. Her one year old goddaughter Olivia Madison Garcia died while in her care in October 2008. Brumfield insisted that the child fell head first when she tried to climb out of a playpen. But autopsy revealed that Garcia suffered from fractured skull and brain injury, which is impossible to get from such short fall.
Garcia's mother, Heather Murphy told Orlando Sentinel that the sentence was "more than I expected." Brumfield wrote a letter which was read at the sentencing by her friend Christina Stewart. "Olivia brought joy to our family from the moment she was born," Brumfield wrote. "Olivia always was, is and will be my little girl."
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson