Woody Allen Wants Michelle Obama to Star in His Movie
Woody Allen wants to make America's first lady, Michelle Obama, a movie star. The veteran actor-turned-director has previously cast Carla Bruni, the wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, in his film and now he has his eyes on Barack Obama's leading lady to also star in his movie someday.
The 75-year-old "Match Point" filmmaker revealed his idea during a recent interview on British television show, "Daybreak". The three-time winner of Academy award said, "If I was in a room with Michell Obama, and I thought she was right for a part, I wouldn't hesitate to ask her."
Allen has previously tapped Bruni to play a museum tour guide in "Midnight in Paris", which also stars Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams and Marion Cotillard. Allen explained that he decided to cast the French first lady on a whim while having dinner with her and her president husband.
More Woody Allen News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle