Johnny Depp Eyeing to Star in Biopic About Children's Author Dr. Seuss
Johnny Depp might star as Dr. Seuss a.k.a Theodor Geisel in an upcoming biopic. The Hollywood Reporter said that the "Public Enemies" actor is currently developing a live-action movie about the life of the childern's author and illustrator. He is teaming up with Universal Pictures and is eyeing the project as his starring vehicle.
Through his production banner Infinitum Nihil, the actor, who will soon be seen in upcoming drama "The Rum Diary", is set to produce the untitled Dr. Seuss biopic along with his partner Christi Dembrowski as well as Illumination Entertainment's Christopher Meledandri and David Kennedy. The script, meanwhile, will be written by Keith Bunin.
Dr. Seuss was born in 1904 and was raised in Springfield, Massachusetts before going to college at Dartmouth. In his early years, he drew advertising, comic strips and also political cartoons during the World War II era. In 1950s, he published some books that became worldwide best-sellers. He died in 1991 after loosing battle to throat cancer.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert