Johnny Depp Eyeing to Star in Biopic About Children's Author Dr. Seuss
Johnny Depp might star as Dr. Seuss a.k.a Theodor Geisel in an upcoming biopic. The Hollywood Reporter said that the "Public Enemies" actor is currently developing a live-action movie about the life of the childern's author and illustrator. He is teaming up with Universal Pictures and is eyeing the project as his starring vehicle.
Through his production banner Infinitum Nihil, the actor, who will soon be seen in upcoming drama "The Rum Diary", is set to produce the untitled Dr. Seuss biopic along with his partner Christi Dembrowski as well as Illumination Entertainment's Christopher Meledandri and David Kennedy. The script, meanwhile, will be written by Keith Bunin.
Dr. Seuss was born in 1904 and was raised in Springfield, Massachusetts before going to college at Dartmouth. In his early years, he drew advertising, comic strips and also political cartoons during the World War II era. In 1950s, he published some books that became worldwide best-sellers. He died in 1991 after loosing battle to throat cancer.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech