Johnny Depp Eyeing to Star in Biopic About Children's Author Dr. Seuss
Johnny Depp might star as Dr. Seuss a.k.a Theodor Geisel in an upcoming biopic. The Hollywood Reporter said that the "Public Enemies" actor is currently developing a live-action movie about the life of the childern's author and illustrator. He is teaming up with Universal Pictures and is eyeing the project as his starring vehicle.
Through his production banner Infinitum Nihil, the actor, who will soon be seen in upcoming drama "The Rum Diary", is set to produce the untitled Dr. Seuss biopic along with his partner Christi Dembrowski as well as Illumination Entertainment's Christopher Meledandri and David Kennedy. The script, meanwhile, will be written by Keith Bunin.
Dr. Seuss was born in 1904 and was raised in Springfield, Massachusetts before going to college at Dartmouth. In his early years, he drew advertising, comic strips and also political cartoons during the World War II era. In 1950s, he published some books that became worldwide best-sellers. He died in 1991 after loosing battle to throat cancer.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama