'So You Think You Can Dance' and 'Masterchef' Renewed
Two FOX reality shows have been given another year to live. The network has ordered a new season each for "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Masterchef", bringing the former back for a ninth season and the latter for a third season.
"For the past eight seasons, 'So You Think You Can Dance' has been a huge part of our success," FOX's president of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell said when announcing the Cat Deeley-hosted dancing competition's renewal on Thursday, October 6. "We are excited to bring the series and an incredible set of new dancers back for another fantastic season."
The last season finale, which witnessed Melanie Moore as the winner, ranked number 1 in its time period for adults between 18 and 49. Audition information for the new season will be announced soon.
As for "Masterchef", the two-hour season finale last month showed a 30% increase compared to its first season finale, drawing 6.5 million total viewers and a 2.6 rating in 18-49 demo. The show, which has chef Gordon Ramsay among the judge line-up, will begin casting calls on October 29 in Los Angeles and continue in multiple cities such as Miami, Austin, Chicago, Seattle, New York and San Francisco through early December.
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage