'So You Think You Can Dance' and 'Masterchef' Renewed
Two FOX reality shows have been given another year to live. The network has ordered a new season each for "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Masterchef", bringing the former back for a ninth season and the latter for a third season.
"For the past eight seasons, 'So You Think You Can Dance' has been a huge part of our success," FOX's president of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell said when announcing the Cat Deeley-hosted dancing competition's renewal on Thursday, October 6. "We are excited to bring the series and an incredible set of new dancers back for another fantastic season."
The last season finale, which witnessed Melanie Moore as the winner, ranked number 1 in its time period for adults between 18 and 49. Audition information for the new season will be announced soon.
As for "Masterchef", the two-hour season finale last month showed a 30% increase compared to its first season finale, drawing 6.5 million total viewers and a 2.6 rating in 18-49 demo. The show, which has chef Gordon Ramsay among the judge line-up, will begin casting calls on October 29 in Los Angeles and continue in multiple cities such as Miami, Austin, Chicago, Seattle, New York and San Francisco through early December.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'