Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum Return as CMT's 2011 Artists of the Year
Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum are named Artist of the Year by CMT for a second time. After taking the honor last year along with Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood and Zac Brown Band, the two music acts are now on the list again joining Aldean, Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley.
The five artists are chosen as this year's honoree based on their music sales, country radio airplays, and concert grosses. Over the past 12 months, they have received over 2.7 million spins of their songs; sold over 9 million copies of their albums; sold over 20 million individual downloads of their singles; and garnered over 10.2 million video streams.
They will be honored in a 90-minute special premiering December 13. Scheduled to be taped in Nashville, it will bring the honorees together with their peers and celebrity friends in a celebratory dinner which is combined with live performances. The guests will be treated to cuisine prepared by "Top Chef" winner Stephanie Izard.
More Taylor Swift News
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian