Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum Return as CMT's 2011 Artists of the Year
Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum are named Artist of the Year by CMT for a second time. After taking the honor last year along with Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood and Zac Brown Band, the two music acts are now on the list again joining Aldean, Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley.
The five artists are chosen as this year's honoree based on their music sales, country radio airplays, and concert grosses. Over the past 12 months, they have received over 2.7 million spins of their songs; sold over 9 million copies of their albums; sold over 20 million individual downloads of their singles; and garnered over 10.2 million video streams.
They will be honored in a 90-minute special premiering December 13. Scheduled to be taped in Nashville, it will bring the honorees together with their peers and celebrity friends in a celebratory dinner which is combined with live performances. The guests will be treated to cuisine prepared by "Top Chef" winner Stephanie Izard.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image