Coroner Concludes Jani Lane Died of Alcohol Poisoning
Rocker Jani Lane apparently died as a result of alcohol poisoning. Having completed its investigation over the former Warrant lead singer's death, the Los Angeles County coroner's office uncovered on Wednesday, October 5 that his official cause of death is "acute ethanol poisoning".
The rocker, who wrote the '80s glam rock band's hits "Cherry Pie" and "I Saw Red", was found dead at a hotel in Los Angeles on August 11. His body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, California, and some sources said that a half-empty vodka bottle was found near his body along with prescribed medicine.
An initial autopsy performed on August 12 proved inconclusive. Jani's long-time manager Obi Steinman, however, believed that the singer never recovered from his alcoholism. "He lost his battle over alcohol," he said. "He was one of the great rock-and-roll frontmen and singers of all time. His music helped shape the '80s."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce