Black Eyed Peas Cancel Performance at Michael Jackson Tribute
One of the acts contributing to this Saturday, October 8 tribute event for Michael Jackson has pulled out of their commitments. Promoters said that Black Eyed Peas have suddenly become "unable to perform" due to "unavoidable circumstances".
"It is with regret that we announce the removal of Black Eyed Peas from the Michael Forever bill, but I look forward to a great night with other earth-shattering artists," Chris Hunt, CEO of Global Live Events, said in a statement.
Despite losing one of the performers, the show will boast performances by Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and Smokey Robinson among others. Beyonce Knowles, who is pregnant with her first child, has agreed to appear in a videotaped performance.
Reps of the Black Eyed Peas have not come forward with an explanation. Due to take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, the concert has received opposition from some of the Jackson family members. Jermaine and Randy Jackson thought it is inappropriate to conduct such event while the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray is still going on.
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media