Black Eyed Peas Cancel Performance at Michael Jackson Tribute
One of the acts contributing to this Saturday, October 8 tribute event for Michael Jackson has pulled out of their commitments. Promoters said that Black Eyed Peas have suddenly become "unable to perform" due to "unavoidable circumstances".
"It is with regret that we announce the removal of Black Eyed Peas from the Michael Forever bill, but I look forward to a great night with other earth-shattering artists," Chris Hunt, CEO of Global Live Events, said in a statement.
Despite losing one of the performers, the show will boast performances by Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and Smokey Robinson among others. Beyonce Knowles, who is pregnant with her first child, has agreed to appear in a videotaped performance.
Reps of the Black Eyed Peas have not come forward with an explanation. Due to take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, the concert has received opposition from some of the Jackson family members. Jermaine and Randy Jackson thought it is inappropriate to conduct such event while the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray is still going on.
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online