Black Eyed Peas Cancel Performance at Michael Jackson Tribute
One of the acts contributing to this Saturday, October 8 tribute event for Michael Jackson has pulled out of their commitments. Promoters said that Black Eyed Peas have suddenly become "unable to perform" due to "unavoidable circumstances".
"It is with regret that we announce the removal of Black Eyed Peas from the Michael Forever bill, but I look forward to a great night with other earth-shattering artists," Chris Hunt, CEO of Global Live Events, said in a statement.
Despite losing one of the performers, the show will boast performances by Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and Smokey Robinson among others. Beyonce Knowles, who is pregnant with her first child, has agreed to appear in a videotaped performance.
Reps of the Black Eyed Peas have not come forward with an explanation. Due to take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, the concert has received opposition from some of the Jackson family members. Jermaine and Randy Jackson thought it is inappropriate to conduct such event while the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray is still going on.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards