Kristen Wiig May Leave 'Saturday Night Live' After This Season
Kristen Wiig may quit "Saturday Night Live" to focus on her film career. A source tells Showbizz411 that the 38-year-old actress may graduate from the NBC late-night show at the end of its 37th season, which was premiered on September 24, now that she has had enough big screen roles on her resume.
The winner of Best Female Comedy Actress at the 1st Annual Comedy Awards made her debut on "SNL" in 2005. She was later promoted to be a full member of the repertory cast at the beginning of the show's 32nd season in 2006.
Wiig has become a hot commodity after taking a lead role on "Bridesmaids", which received critical acclaim and enjoyed a success at box office after it was released in May this year. Talks about plan to make the sequel have since brewed, but Wiig's co-star Jon Hamm recently hinted that she might not return for the possible second film.
For her next big screen appearance, the Lola Bunny of "The Looney Tunes Show" has wrapped the filming for "Friends with Kids" which is expected to come out sometime in 2012. She additionally lands a role on "Imogene".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3