First Five District Seals in 'The Hunger Games' Unveiled
Official posters for some of the Districts in highly anticipated movie "The Hunger Games" have been unveiled. Through an official "District 2 PN" Facebook page, Lionsgate Films has released seal symbols for the first five from the twelve districts in Panem, the dystopian world in the story.
The newly release pictures include District 2-Masony, District 7-Lumber, District 8-Textiles, District 9-Grain and District 12-Mining. The last one is the hometown of lead heroine Katniss Everdeen. Each of the districts is responsible for a certain job and is represented in their own way of leading.
"Hunger Games", which is based on the best-selling novel by Suzzane Collins, revolves around Katniss. After volunteering to replace her sister in a fight-to-the-death live televised games, the teenager is forced to make choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home.
Directed by Gary Ross, the movie is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on March 23, 2012. Jennifer Lawrence portrays the brave Katniss. She is joined by Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson who star as her friends Gale Hawthorne and Peeta Mellark respectively. Meanwhile, a sequel, titled "Catching Fire", is due for release during the Thanksgiving weekend on November 22, 2013.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group