First Five District Seals in 'The Hunger Games' Unveiled
Official posters for some of the Districts in highly anticipated movie "The Hunger Games" have been unveiled. Through an official "District 2 PN" Facebook page, Lionsgate Films has released seal symbols for the first five from the twelve districts in Panem, the dystopian world in the story.
The newly release pictures include District 2-Masony, District 7-Lumber, District 8-Textiles, District 9-Grain and District 12-Mining. The last one is the hometown of lead heroine Katniss Everdeen. Each of the districts is responsible for a certain job and is represented in their own way of leading.
"Hunger Games", which is based on the best-selling novel by Suzzane Collins, revolves around Katniss. After volunteering to replace her sister in a fight-to-the-death live televised games, the teenager is forced to make choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home.
Directed by Gary Ross, the movie is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on March 23, 2012. Jennifer Lawrence portrays the brave Katniss. She is joined by Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson who star as her friends Gale Hawthorne and Peeta Mellark respectively. Meanwhile, a sequel, titled "Catching Fire", is due for release during the Thanksgiving weekend on November 22, 2013.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says