Lifetime Makes Lady GaGa Biopic Without Involving Her
Lifetime is going to depict the life of Lady GaGa in a movie made for TV. The cable network is developing "Fame Monster: The Lady Gaga Story" which will follow the singer/songwriter, born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, from the age of 16 to 22 and cover the ups and downs of her amazing rise until she transforms into a singing sensation known today as Lady GaGa.
Although it very much revolves around GaGa, the 25-year-old artist herself is not involved in the project. The biopic, named after the Mother Monster's 2009 EP, will be based on Maureen Callahan's 2010 book "Poker Face: The Rise and Rise of Lady Gaga". Norman Snider ("Casino Jack") is tapped to write the script, while Ilene Kahn Power is listed as the producer.
The project is expected to get a greenlight soon since it has been heating up at the network. Casting has been underway for the lead role. An actress auditioning for the said part has to physically resemble GaGa and can believably span ages 16 to 22, but is not required to be able to sing.
More Lady GaGa News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!