James Franco Mourning the Death of His Father
James Franco has lost his father. Words recently came out that 63-year-old Doug passed away suddenly sometime last week. Exact date and cause of the Franco patriarch's death have yet to be disclosed, but James' mother, Betsy Franco, has made use of her Twitter account to confirm the sad news.
"It is true that my sweet, generous husband passed away," wrote Betsy on Monday, October 3. In remembrance of her husband, the writer/actress added, "He gave so much to his three sons and me, and to many other people, too." 33-year-old James himself has not released any statement regarding his father's passing.
Doug had a Harvard MBA and was a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur. He met James' mother Betsy while the two were attending Stanford University together. When James co-hosted this year's Oscar, he was on hand with his wife. Beside the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star, he also leaves behind two other sons, Dave Franco and Tom Franco.
More James Franco News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?