James Franco Mourning the Death of His Father
James Franco has lost his father. Words recently came out that 63-year-old Doug passed away suddenly sometime last week. Exact date and cause of the Franco patriarch's death have yet to be disclosed, but James' mother, Betsy Franco, has made use of her Twitter account to confirm the sad news.
"It is true that my sweet, generous husband passed away," wrote Betsy on Monday, October 3. In remembrance of her husband, the writer/actress added, "He gave so much to his three sons and me, and to many other people, too." 33-year-old James himself has not released any statement regarding his father's passing.
Doug had a Harvard MBA and was a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur. He met James' mother Betsy while the two were attending Stanford University together. When James co-hosted this year's Oscar, he was on hand with his wife. Beside the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star, he also leaves behind two other sons, Dave Franco and Tom Franco.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism