James Franco Mourning the Death of His Father
James Franco has lost his father. Words recently came out that 63-year-old Doug passed away suddenly sometime last week. Exact date and cause of the Franco patriarch's death have yet to be disclosed, but James' mother, Betsy Franco, has made use of her Twitter account to confirm the sad news.
"It is true that my sweet, generous husband passed away," wrote Betsy on Monday, October 3. In remembrance of her husband, the writer/actress added, "He gave so much to his three sons and me, and to many other people, too." 33-year-old James himself has not released any statement regarding his father's passing.
Doug had a Harvard MBA and was a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur. He met James' mother Betsy while the two were attending Stanford University together. When James co-hosted this year's Oscar, he was on hand with his wife. Beside the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star, he also leaves behind two other sons, Dave Franco and Tom Franco.
More James Franco News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers