James Franco Mourning the Death of His Father
James Franco has lost his father. Words recently came out that 63-year-old Doug passed away suddenly sometime last week. Exact date and cause of the Franco patriarch's death have yet to be disclosed, but James' mother, Betsy Franco, has made use of her Twitter account to confirm the sad news.
"It is true that my sweet, generous husband passed away," wrote Betsy on Monday, October 3. In remembrance of her husband, the writer/actress added, "He gave so much to his three sons and me, and to many other people, too." 33-year-old James himself has not released any statement regarding his father's passing.
Doug had a Harvard MBA and was a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur. He met James' mother Betsy while the two were attending Stanford University together. When James co-hosted this year's Oscar, he was on hand with his wife. Beside the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star, he also leaves behind two other sons, Dave Franco and Tom Franco.
More James Franco News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival