Rihanna Defends Use of C-Word, Claims It's Common in Barbados
Being raised in Barbados apparently left Rihanna clueless about the offensive nature of the word "c**t". Addressing her use of the foul word in the November issue of British Vogue, the "Only Girl (In the World)" hitmaker defended herself as saying, "That word is so offensive to everyone in the world except for Bajans."
"You know African-Americans use the n-word to their brothers? Well, that's the way we use the c-word," the 23-year-old singer continued to explain. "When I first came here, I was saying it like it was nothing, like, 'Hey, c-nt,' until my make-up artist finally had to tell me to stop. I just never know."
In the interview, Riri also said that being a role model was never part of her plan. "See, people - especially white people - they want me to be a role model just because of the life I lead," she complained. "The things I say in my songs, they expect it of me and [being a role model] became more of my job than I wanted it to be. But no, I just want to make music. That's it."
Speaking of her raunchy stage persona, Riri insisted, "That's not me." The singer, who recently angered a farmer for getting topless while shooting a music video for "We Found Love" in his land, further pointed out, "That's a part I play. You know, like it's a piece of art, with all these toys and textures to play with."
In another news, a waxwork figure of Riri was unveiled at Madame Tussauds museum in London on Monday, October 3. The doppelganger, which took four months to complete, donned a floor-length black dress with waist-high slit that the singer wore during her performance on the finale of U.K.'s "The X Factor" in 2010.
"We are sure [Rihanna] will hit the right note with our guests as demand for her figure has been huge since her appearance on 'The X Factor' 2010," said the museum's PR Manager Liz Edwards. "Rihanna is one of the biggest music stars of the moment and is a perfect addition to the 'diva dream team' of female artists we have here at the attraction."
More Rihanna News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'