Tone Loc Sentenced to One Day in Jail for Domestic Violence Case
Tone Loc will get a taste of prison because of his June arrest. The rapper, who is known for such hits as "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina", entered no contest plea to assault weapon possession and domestic violence charges in a Burbank courtroom on Monday, October 3, and was immediately sentenced to one day in county jail.
Beside the jail sentence, Superior Court Judge Patrick Hegarty also ordered Loc to 52 weeks of anger management counseling and 30 days of community service. Additionally, the judge required the West Coast rap star, whose legal name is Anthony Smith, to go through three years of formal probation.
Loc was arrested at an apartment complex in Burbank, California on June 18. Burbank Police Sgt. Tracy Sanchez said at the time that he was taken into custody following an incident described as "a physical altercation with the mother of his child." Later, it was discovered that the MC was in possession of an unregistered Colt AR-15 Sporter.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences