Tone Loc Sentenced to One Day in Jail for Domestic Violence Case
Tone Loc will get a taste of prison because of his June arrest. The rapper, who is known for such hits as "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina", entered no contest plea to assault weapon possession and domestic violence charges in a Burbank courtroom on Monday, October 3, and was immediately sentenced to one day in county jail.
Beside the jail sentence, Superior Court Judge Patrick Hegarty also ordered Loc to 52 weeks of anger management counseling and 30 days of community service. Additionally, the judge required the West Coast rap star, whose legal name is Anthony Smith, to go through three years of formal probation.
Loc was arrested at an apartment complex in Burbank, California on June 18. Burbank Police Sgt. Tracy Sanchez said at the time that he was taken into custody following an incident described as "a physical altercation with the mother of his child." Later, it was discovered that the MC was in possession of an unregistered Colt AR-15 Sporter.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance