Tone Loc Sentenced to One Day in Jail for Domestic Violence Case
Tone Loc will get a taste of prison because of his June arrest. The rapper, who is known for such hits as "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina", entered no contest plea to assault weapon possession and domestic violence charges in a Burbank courtroom on Monday, October 3, and was immediately sentenced to one day in county jail.
Beside the jail sentence, Superior Court Judge Patrick Hegarty also ordered Loc to 52 weeks of anger management counseling and 30 days of community service. Additionally, the judge required the West Coast rap star, whose legal name is Anthony Smith, to go through three years of formal probation.
Loc was arrested at an apartment complex in Burbank, California on June 18. Burbank Police Sgt. Tracy Sanchez said at the time that he was taken into custody following an incident described as "a physical altercation with the mother of his child." Later, it was discovered that the MC was in possession of an unregistered Colt AR-15 Sporter.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters