Video: Scotty McCreery Celebrates Album Release Early on 'Today' Show
Scotty McCreery stopped by "Today" show on Monday, October 3 to celebrate the release of his debut album "Clear as Day" which was due the following day. During the gig, the winner of "American Idol" season 10 performed his second single "The Trouble With Girls".
Before singing, Scotty had a brief chat with the host. He addressed his meteoric rise to fame, saying, "I'm young so I can take the heat. I can take all this busyness that's going on." He also informed his fans that he will fly back home on October 8 to celebrate his 18th birthday in a homecoming bash.
The party will be held at Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion. "It's going to be a blast," he gushed. "It's going to be held at the venue where I've grown up watching country concerts. It will be so cool to get the album out there and sing some songs and have a good time while doing it. It's my 18th birthday party. What better way to celebrate than at Walnut Creek?"
The live performance on the "Today" show will soon be followed by a series of other promo appearances on TV. He will perform on "Live with Regis and Kelly" on October 4, is set to sing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on October 5, and will visit "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on October 7.
A few days later, Scotty will perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" at 2011 World Series Game 1. "You dream of doing that," he shared his excitement about singing the national anthem. "When I was growing up, I'd see people sing the national anthem, and I'd sing along with them. That's the highest stage it gets."
Talking about his preparation for the upcoming event, Scotty revealed that he has practiced singing the patriotic song in the shower. "You never want to do too much with the anthem," the country music singer stated. "That's the nation's song, so you've got to stay true to it, but you want to add your personal flavor."
Beside having a number of promo appearances lined up on his schedule, Scotty is also preparing a new music video. Filmed to support "The Trouble With Girls", it is directed by Roman White (Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Justin Bieber), and has been shot at Garner High School with his school mates.
Roman said, "It's kind of a high school story about boys and girls and first love - kind of innocent glances." Scotty added, "For me, it's all about making it believable. Even the songs in my album - they're about my life." Tyler White, one of his friends, commented, "It's kinda hard to believe. When he left, we were proud of him, but we never thought it would come down to this - shooting a video here. It's kind of surreal."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show