LeAnn Rimes Goes Home to Powerless House After Drunk Driver Crashed Into Fence
LeAnn Rimes will have to go through one night without electricity in her Los Angeles home. The "Swingin' " singer shared to her Twitter followers on Monday, October 3, night that recent accident wherein a suspected drunk driver crashed into the fence of her house earlier in the morning has left her house powerless.
"At home in LA. Going home to no power for the night cause the power lines outside our house need to be replaced cause of the accident," so the 29-year-old tweeted. When a follower expressed worries in response to the tweet, she lightly replied, "oh I've got power just not electricity ;)"
Hours earlier, news broke out that a young driver plowed through the fence of Rimes' home in Hidden Hills, California at around 6:30 A.M. PT. on Monday morning. Lost Hills Police Department confirmed the report, and Sergeant Vivian May of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department told Radar Online, "It appears that he was under the influence but we haven't gotten toxicology back yet."
Sergeant May added, "We're still confirming and some testing is being done." As for the accident itself, she detailed that the 20-year-old driver "took out a stop sign at an intersection and then he ran into a light pole and took out one of the resident's fence." It was noted that he "was driving on a suspended license." The mishap occurred at around 6:30 A.M. PT when Rimes was still in North Carolina.
After the incident made headlines, the wife of Eddie Cibrian made use of her Twitter account to share her reaction. "To address the accident that happened in front of our home this morning, everyone is ok and safe," she wrote in a long tweet. "However, if drunk driving was involved it is terribly sad."
"My family could have been seriously injured and any situation where someone is drinking and driving should not be taken lightly. Needless to say, it was a very unsettling call to receive this morning. Thank goodness the young driver and everyone at home are ok."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen