'Dexter' and 'Homeland' Premieres Set Record Ratings
Being paired on Sunday, "Dexter" and "Homeland" had a strong start on October 2. At 9 P.M., the first episode from the Michael C. Hall-starring crime thriller's sixth season drew 2.2 million audience, which marked the biggest season premiere audience to date for the show.
The viewership number showed a 24% increase from season 5's opener. It additionally represented Showtime's highest telecast of 2011 and the best season premiere for a series on the network in 14 years, topping the audience number raked in by "Stargate" in 1997.
Conspiracy thriller "Homeland", which has Claire Danes as the leading lady, debuted an hour later with 1.1 million people tuning in the pilot. It was Showtime's most watched drama premiere in eight years since "Dead Like Me".
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country