'Dexter' and 'Homeland' Premieres Set Record Ratings
Being paired on Sunday, "Dexter" and "Homeland" had a strong start on October 2. At 9 P.M., the first episode from the Michael C. Hall-starring crime thriller's sixth season drew 2.2 million audience, which marked the biggest season premiere audience to date for the show.
The viewership number showed a 24% increase from season 5's opener. It additionally represented Showtime's highest telecast of 2011 and the best season premiere for a series on the network in 14 years, topping the audience number raked in by "Stargate" in 1997.
Conspiracy thriller "Homeland", which has Claire Danes as the leading lady, debuted an hour later with 1.1 million people tuning in the pilot. It was Showtime's most watched drama premiere in eight years since "Dead Like Me".
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'