'Dexter' and 'Homeland' Premieres Set Record Ratings
Being paired on Sunday, "Dexter" and "Homeland" had a strong start on October 2. At 9 P.M., the first episode from the Michael C. Hall-starring crime thriller's sixth season drew 2.2 million audience, which marked the biggest season premiere audience to date for the show.
The viewership number showed a 24% increase from season 5's opener. It additionally represented Showtime's highest telecast of 2011 and the best season premiere for a series on the network in 14 years, topping the audience number raked in by "Stargate" in 1997.
Conspiracy thriller "Homeland", which has Claire Danes as the leading lady, debuted an hour later with 1.1 million people tuning in the pilot. It was Showtime's most watched drama premiere in eight years since "Dead Like Me".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart