'Dexter' and 'Homeland' Premieres Set Record Ratings
Being paired on Sunday, "Dexter" and "Homeland" had a strong start on October 2. At 9 P.M., the first episode from the Michael C. Hall-starring crime thriller's sixth season drew 2.2 million audience, which marked the biggest season premiere audience to date for the show.
The viewership number showed a 24% increase from season 5's opener. It additionally represented Showtime's highest telecast of 2011 and the best season premiere for a series on the network in 14 years, topping the audience number raked in by "Stargate" in 1997.
Conspiracy thriller "Homeland", which has Claire Danes as the leading lady, debuted an hour later with 1.1 million people tuning in the pilot. It was Showtime's most watched drama premiere in eight years since "Dead Like Me".
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor