'Dexter' and 'Homeland' Premieres Set Record Ratings
Being paired on Sunday, "Dexter" and "Homeland" had a strong start on October 2. At 9 P.M., the first episode from the Michael C. Hall-starring crime thriller's sixth season drew 2.2 million audience, which marked the biggest season premiere audience to date for the show.
The viewership number showed a 24% increase from season 5's opener. It additionally represented Showtime's highest telecast of 2011 and the best season premiere for a series on the network in 14 years, topping the audience number raked in by "Stargate" in 1997.
Conspiracy thriller "Homeland", which has Claire Danes as the leading lady, debuted an hour later with 1.1 million people tuning in the pilot. It was Showtime's most watched drama premiere in eight years since "Dead Like Me".
More Dexter News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'