Report: Madonna Will Headline 2012 Super Bowl Halftime Show
Madonna reportedly has been offered a headlining slot at next year's Super Bowl XLVI halftime show. According to SBNation, the Material Girl is going to entertain the NFL fans at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on February 5 for next season's championship.
Coincidentally, Madge is currently rumored to work on a new album. She is said to have hit studio soon after finishing her directorial duty in "W.E.". Words are, a new single is eyed for winter release, and the album is expected to come out in Spring, 2012.
If the rumors are true, the timing couldn't be more perfect. Performing at a huge event like Super Bowl, which is one of the U.S.'s most-watched sport events on TV, will be a good platform for the "Hard Candy" singer to kick off promotional effort for her new music.
This is not the first time Madge's approached to do the halftime show. Back in 1998, the ex-wife of movie director Guy Ritchie was in talks to perform at the gig just in time for the promo of her then-new album "Ray of Light", but the deal met a dead-end.
Two years later, the songstress who tackles the role of Evi Peron in 1996's "Evita" was set to sing her single "American Pie" at the show, but she canceled it due to scheduling conflicts. Back then, she expressed "sincere apologies" and "look forward to the possibility of doing something with the NFL in the future."
Past performers at the Super Bowl included The Who, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Rolling Stones, U2, Black Eyed Peas and Paul McCartney.
More Madonna News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March