Daughter Blasts Martha Stewart for Peeing With Bathroom Door Open
Martha Stewart has her imperfections being laid out by her own daughter. In a new tell-all book, "Whateverland: Learning to Live Here", that will be available for purchase in the U.S. on October 18, Alexis Stewart revealed the 70-year-old domestic diva's bizarre habit of peeing with the bathroom door open.
"Mother always peed with the door open," wrote the 46-year-old as first excerpted by the Daily Mail. "I remember saying, 'You know, now I have friends over! You can't do that anymore! It's gotta stop! My friends' parents don't do it! Give me a break here! I don't feel like being embarrassed! It's exhausting! I'm a kid! Stop!' "
More surprisingly, Alexis claimed that Martha lets her dogs do their business inside the house. "My mother has a sign on all of her doors to take your shoes off," she noted, before adding, "For god's sake! My mother's dogs p*** and s*** on her rugs and she's telling people to take their shoes off?"
Alexis also didn't have anything good to say about her mother's parenting skills. Painting a grim picture of her childhood, she shared in the book, "Martha does everything better! You can't win! If I didn't do something perfectly, I had to do it again...I grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head."
As for the holidays, Alexis revealed, "Martha was not interested in being kid friendly." She continued, "[Martha] used to make me wrap my own presents. She would hand me things right before Christmas and say, 'Now wrap these but don't look inside.' " The same goes for Halloween. She remembered, "There were no costumes. ... We turned off all the lights and pretended we weren't home."
Despite the revelations, the mother and daughter duo seemed to be supportive of each other these days. Alexis dedicated the book to Martha, while the domestic diva wrote in the book, "She's her own person. She makes up her own mind. I sometimes try to offer advice, but if it's not taken, so be it. She really did pay attention. She really does know how to do everything."
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week