New Clip for Alien Horror Film 'The Thing'
Universal Pictures has unleashed a new clip for upcoming sci-fi horror "The Thing". Instead of presenting a scary scene about alien attacks, the video highlights serious conversation between Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Kate Lloyd and her fellow scientists.
Titled "Discovery", it sees Kate trying to convince her partners that she has gotten an evidence of the dangerous creature she has found during her expedition. There is also another new clip called "Storage Room" that presents the lead character negotiating with a man over what they should do to the alien.
"The Thing" is a prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 horror movie. The story follows Kate, a paleontologist who travels to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago, but it is about to wake up.
When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Llyod must join the crew's pilot, Sam Carter, to keep it from killing them off one at a time. In this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.
The movie is directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., with Ronald D. Moore and Eric Heisserer writing the script. Joining Winstead in the cast ensemble are Joel Edgerton, Eric Christian Olsen, Jonathan Walker and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. The film is slated for an October 14 release in U.S. theaters.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed