Artist of the Week: Rodney Atkins
Already having a number of hits, Rodney Atkins decides it's time to take a journey back home in his new effort. He celebrates the feeling of escaping from hectic life, living in solitude, and getting right through his soul in "Take a Back Road", the first single from his upcoming album of the same name.
"I've had some success with my songs, and you've got to sit back and ask yourself, why did these songs connect?" he said. "With a lot of songs, the approach is about how perfect things are, or how messed up things are - it's one or the other. But for me, real life is there are ups and downs, and if you can, get both sides of that in a song."
The single did quickly grow on music lovers given that it contains irresistible tune and deep emotions which are conveyed in an authentic yet different way. The summer-breezy song reached No. 1 on Billboard Country Song chart, becoming Atkins' fastest-rising single since he released a single in 2002.
"Take a Back Road" album will be released in the U.S. on October 4. Recalling the creative process of the effort, he gushed, "What does it mean to follow your own path? I try to think about that a lot when I'm making an album. To me, it's going somewhere you've never been, because when you do that, you wind up seeing things that no one has seen before. Which means you can paint the picture differently."
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance