Artist of the Week: Rodney Atkins
Already having a number of hits, Rodney Atkins decides it's time to take a journey back home in his new effort. He celebrates the feeling of escaping from hectic life, living in solitude, and getting right through his soul in "Take a Back Road", the first single from his upcoming album of the same name.
"I've had some success with my songs, and you've got to sit back and ask yourself, why did these songs connect?" he said. "With a lot of songs, the approach is about how perfect things are, or how messed up things are - it's one or the other. But for me, real life is there are ups and downs, and if you can, get both sides of that in a song."
The single did quickly grow on music lovers given that it contains irresistible tune and deep emotions which are conveyed in an authentic yet different way. The summer-breezy song reached No. 1 on Billboard Country Song chart, becoming Atkins' fastest-rising single since he released a single in 2002.
"Take a Back Road" album will be released in the U.S. on October 4. Recalling the creative process of the effort, he gushed, "What does it mean to follow your own path? I try to think about that a lot when I'm making an album. To me, it's going somewhere you've never been, because when you do that, you wind up seeing things that no one has seen before. Which means you can paint the picture differently."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App