Hugh Jackman: 'Wolverine' New Script Is Similiar to Darren Aronofsky's Version
Hugh Jackman recently opened up about "The Wolverine" screenplay, which has been updated since director Darren Aronofsky bowed out the project last March. Without revealing any plot details, Jackman claimed that the majority of the new script is similar to the one which was used when Aronofsky was on board.
Speaking to Collider, the Australian thespian explained, "We had a script that was under Darren Aronofsky's directorial, it's 85% the same." He continued, "Darren took it in a Darren Aronofsky way and it's a version I know fans would have liked to have seen, I would have loved to have seen it."
Jackman added that with James Mangold helming this "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel and Mark Bomback penning the script, he is adamant the second "Wolverine" film is going to be a strong movie. "James Mangold's version of the script brought Mark Bomback on. We always had a strong base there," he said. "This is the best script we have had, which is precisely why Darren signed on."
During the chat, the 42-year-old actor admitted that he once tried to pull back Aronofsky to the project, but failed. "I tried to get Darren to do 'X3' and 'Wolverine' and he was always like, 'It's not really for me'," the "Real Steel" star shared.
"I knew he was looking for a comic book movie and he read this one and he goes, 'Hey, this is the best one I've ever read.' So there is a lot of meat on the bone there," he went on saying. "Now, Mark and Jim have taken it and I think that it as strong, if not stronger, than what we would have had with Darren."
Set to begin the production in Spring 2012, "The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s of Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan and features Wolverine dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether he should follow his animal killer instincts or the samurai's code of honor and respect. The movie is expected to arrive in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny