'Arrested Development' Coming Back With Mini TV Season
"Arrested Development" is going to be revived on small screen with a mini TV season. During a "Bluth Family Reunion" at the New Yorker Festival on Sunday, October 2, creator Mitch Hurwitz revealed the plan to continue the critically acclaimed sitcom with nine or ten new episodes leading to the movie release.
Hurwitz further explained that the episodes, which will air next fall, will each focus on a different Bluth to help catch audiences up on the characters' lives in the years since the series ended in 2006. "They f*** everything up," he gushed about what the family did.
Jason Bateman who plays Michael confirmed the good news on Twitter, writing, "It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13." Another cast member Will Arnett chimed in, "I'm peeing with @batemanjason at the moment..and we can confirm that we are going to make new AD eps and a movie."
While the original "Arrested Development" series was broadcast on FOX, the mini TV season will likely air on different network. Entertainment Weekly has learned the producers are in talks with Showtime and Netflix to air the limited-run series.
Meanwhile, the big screen installment of the Satellite Award-wining show has its script "halfway done," Hurwitz claimed. He plans to shoot it in summer 2012 with some of the cast already keeping their schedules free to make this come into fruition.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back