'Arrested Development' Coming Back With Mini TV Season
"Arrested Development" is going to be revived on small screen with a mini TV season. During a "Bluth Family Reunion" at the New Yorker Festival on Sunday, October 2, creator Mitch Hurwitz revealed the plan to continue the critically acclaimed sitcom with nine or ten new episodes leading to the movie release.
Hurwitz further explained that the episodes, which will air next fall, will each focus on a different Bluth to help catch audiences up on the characters' lives in the years since the series ended in 2006. "They f*** everything up," he gushed about what the family did.
Jason Bateman who plays Michael confirmed the good news on Twitter, writing, "It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13." Another cast member Will Arnett chimed in, "I'm peeing with @batemanjason at the moment..and we can confirm that we are going to make new AD eps and a movie."
While the original "Arrested Development" series was broadcast on FOX, the mini TV season will likely air on different network. Entertainment Weekly has learned the producers are in talks with Showtime and Netflix to air the limited-run series.
Meanwhile, the big screen installment of the Satellite Award-wining show has its script "halfway done," Hurwitz claimed. He plans to shoot it in summer 2012 with some of the cast already keeping their schedules free to make this come into fruition.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies