Engaged Shane Warne Clarifies Report About Proposal to Elizabeth Hurley
Shane Warne has one thing to clarify about his proposal to Elizabeth Hurley. Hours after he and Liz announced they have gotten engaged, the Australian cricketer took to Twitter to set the record straight on how he proposed to the actress playing Diana Payne on "Gossip Girl".
"I didn't propose in front of 200 people at dinner," tweeted the 42-year-old on Sunday, October 2. "It was done privately and was very romantic - if I say so myself. Ps left knee is sore !!!" Shortly before that, he wrote, "Thanks so much again for all your kind messages, they mean a lot.. EH & I very happy and have had a beautiful lazy day today.."
Earlier, Daily Mail reported that Shane asked Liz's hand in marriage in front of VIP guests in Road Hole Restaurant at St Andrews' Old Course Hotel. "Shane proposed over dinner and it was fairly public, not a private affair," spilled a source. "It was a VIP crowd in there this evening. It was residents only, including Dunhill past players."
"He didn't get down on one knee, but when it was announced the other guests in the restaurant stood up and applauded," the source went on to offer more details. "Everyone there was absolutely delighted."
On Saturday, October 1, both Shane and Liz made use of their Twitter page to thank those who congratulated them for their engagement. Along with link to a photo of them before attending Alfred Dunhill Links Championship dinner, they posted identical tweets that read, "Thanks for all your congratulations. Here's a pic of us about to go to Dunhill dinner in St Andrews."
Liz herself has been spotted wearing her engagement ring that features a huge square sapphire and two diamonds on either side when joining Shane and her son Damien at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship recently. She was wearing a pair of navy jogging bottoms, jumper and scarf, while Shane donned a baby blue jumper and beige trousers.
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!
- Comic-Con: 'The Gifted' Debuts New Mutant-Filled Trailer, Confirms No Crossover With 'X-Men'