Gene Simmons Ties the Knot With Shannon Tweed, Details Teased on Twitter
Gene Simmons has said his "I do" to his girlfriend of 28 years. On Saturday, October 1 evening, the KISS bassist tied the knot with Shannon Tweed in an outdoor ceremony held on the crystal lawn at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles. They exchanged wedding vows in front of 400 guests.
One of the guests, Bill Maher, spilled some details on his Twitter page as the wedding ceremony took place. He first tweeted, "At the Gene Simmons-Shannon Tweed wedding - a dog just walked down the aisle ahead of the bride so its a good start," before following it up with, "Only in Hollywood do they pause the wedding ceremony to let the helicopter go by."
The comedian/TV host didn't stop there. He continued to give his comments by writing, "People who perform wedding ceremonies these days talk too much. its not YOUR day. If we wanted a sermon we'd go to church," and "Truly one of the most beautiful cable television weddings I've ever seen."
Aside from Bill, others in attendance included the couple's two children, Nick and Sophie; Gene's fellow KISS band members; and Hugh Hefner, who brought along Playboy's Miss November 2010 Shera Bechard. Hef, in particular, took to his Twitter to say, "The Gene Simmons-Shannon Tweed wedding was a very romantic, family affair."
PEOPLE reported that Shannon wore an ivory Priscilla of Boston gown and carried a bouquet of ivory garden roses when she walked down the aisle. Additionally, TMZ claimed that the 54-year-old sported $2.5 million of diamonds, in addition to her engagement ring, for the first dance where they danced to Etta James' "At Last" performed by their daughter Sophie.
The wedding was taped for the newlyweds' A&E reality series, "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels", and will appear in its new season on October 18. Executive producer Adam Reed also gushed about the wedding on Twitter. "All I can say is wow wow wow...amazing moment! What a ceremony and the reception is like none other...wow," he wrote.
Shannon herself has taken to Twitter to express her bliss over the wedding. "That was the best wedding I've ever been to!! Thank you, @GENESIMMONS @SophieTSimmons & Nick Simmons!" so she wrote. On Sunday, October 2, she tweeted, "Good Morning to you too,from Mr and Mrs Simmons!"
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake