Michael Jackson Star-Studded Tribute Concert to Stream Live on Facebook
Those who can't attend Michael Jackson special tribute concert at the end of October should not worry because they still can experience the live gig from home. On September 30, it was announced that Milyoni and Ridgeline Entertainment has partnered with Facebook to stream the event live.
The star-studded concert will air online as a pay-per-view event. This marks the first time ever the social networking site has such live broadcast for its global audience. Beside watching the show, users will also be able to share comment and concert experience with the other fans around the world.
"The ability to broadcast concerts into every corner of the globe and connect directly with fans through Facebook is the most significant opportunity that can happen within the entertainment industry today," said Ridgeline's exec Charlie Stuart Gay. "We are fortunate that technology can complement the producers and artists to pay tribute in a manner that is as utterly unique as the legend that will forever remain 'The King of Pop'."
MJ fans can purchase access to the broadcast of the concert which will be held live from Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales for 40 Facebook credits ($3.99) if they buy it prior to the October 8 show. If they grab it on the day of the event, they have to pay for 50 Facebook credits ($4.99).
The event will be hosted by Jamie Foxx. It will feature such big stars as Black Eyed Peas, Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Ne-Yo, Jennifer Hudson, Craig David, Alexandra Burke, Alien Ant Farm, JLS, Pixie Lott and Beyonce Knowles.
More Michael Jackson News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest