Michael Jackson Star-Studded Tribute Concert to Stream Live on Facebook
Those who can't attend Michael Jackson special tribute concert at the end of October should not worry because they still can experience the live gig from home. On September 30, it was announced that Milyoni and Ridgeline Entertainment has partnered with Facebook to stream the event live.
The star-studded concert will air online as a pay-per-view event. This marks the first time ever the social networking site has such live broadcast for its global audience. Beside watching the show, users will also be able to share comment and concert experience with the other fans around the world.
"The ability to broadcast concerts into every corner of the globe and connect directly with fans through Facebook is the most significant opportunity that can happen within the entertainment industry today," said Ridgeline's exec Charlie Stuart Gay. "We are fortunate that technology can complement the producers and artists to pay tribute in a manner that is as utterly unique as the legend that will forever remain 'The King of Pop'."
MJ fans can purchase access to the broadcast of the concert which will be held live from Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales for 40 Facebook credits ($3.99) if they buy it prior to the October 8 show. If they grab it on the day of the event, they have to pay for 50 Facebook credits ($4.99).
The event will be hosted by Jamie Foxx. It will feature such big stars as Black Eyed Peas, Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Ne-Yo, Jennifer Hudson, Craig David, Alexandra Burke, Alien Ant Farm, JLS, Pixie Lott and Beyonce Knowles.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings