'2012' Actor Sealed to Play Leon Kennedy in 'Resident Evil 5'
"Resident Evil: Retribution" finally finds an actor to play Alice's partner, Leon Kennedy. Milla Jovovich, who plays the female lead character, confirmed on her Twitter that "2012" actor Johann Urb has locked the part. "He [Urb] is our Leon Kennedy and looks just like him, BTW!!" so she wrote.
Rumors about Urb's involvement in the project have actually emerged earlier this week. However, it was only hinted that he will play "the leader of the Resistance, who teams with Jovovich's Alice character as she battles the Umbrella Corporation and the swarm of undead."
The part of Leon was previously said to be portrayed by Jensen Ackles. Through a series of spoilerish tweets last August, Jovovich confirmed that Ackles will not take the role because he is currently busy working on a TV show.
At that time, the ex-wife of director Luc Besson also revealed that there will be more action in "Resident Evil 5", including a major scene that will be taken in Red Square, Moscow. She shared that she will have "an amazing fight with a bunch of zombies and an epic fight with Jill Valentine (Sienna Guillory)."
To begin the production on October 16, "Resident Evil: Retribution" will be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. Joining Jovovich, Urb and Guillory in the cast ensemble is Boris Kodjoe who will reprise his role as Luther West. Shawn Roberts, Colin Salmon and Michelle Rodriguez also support the movie, which will be released in the U.S. on September 14, 2012.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal