Audio Stream: 'Glee' Covers Coldplay's 'Fix You' for 'Asian F'
On the latest "First Listen Friday" week of "Glee", a cover version of Coldplay's song is unveiled to tease what's to come on the next episode, "Asian F". The New Directions kids take on the Chris Martin band's 2005 hit single "Fix You" with Mr. Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) on the lead.
This marks the first time ever the "Glee" covers Coldplay. Two years ago, Morrison was supposed to do the band's song but the plan was scrapped after they refused to give their consent. "In the pilot I was meant to sing 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay but they wouldn't give us the rights," he once admitted.
"Then, once the show got started Chris Martin called Ryan [Murphy] to apologize and say we could use whichever song we wanted," he added. In addition, the success of the show has lured Chris' wife Gwyneth Paltrow to become a guest star in several episodes as a substitute teacher Holly Holliday.
Airing October 4, "Asian F" will give a sneak peek into Emma's deep rooted issues when her parents come for a visit. Mike Chang's parents will add drama to McKinley High by stepping in to get him back on track when he starts to struggle with his grades. Valerie Mahaffey and Don Most will play Emma's parents, while Keong Sim and Tamlyn Tomita will tackle Mike's.
"Fix You" cover version via the Huffington Post:
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'