Audio Stream: 'Glee' Covers Coldplay's 'Fix You' for 'Asian F'
On the latest "First Listen Friday" week of "Glee", a cover version of Coldplay's song is unveiled to tease what's to come on the next episode, "Asian F". The New Directions kids take on the Chris Martin band's 2005 hit single "Fix You" with Mr. Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) on the lead.
This marks the first time ever the "Glee" covers Coldplay. Two years ago, Morrison was supposed to do the band's song but the plan was scrapped after they refused to give their consent. "In the pilot I was meant to sing 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay but they wouldn't give us the rights," he once admitted.
"Then, once the show got started Chris Martin called Ryan [Murphy] to apologize and say we could use whichever song we wanted," he added. In addition, the success of the show has lured Chris' wife Gwyneth Paltrow to become a guest star in several episodes as a substitute teacher Holly Holliday.
Airing October 4, "Asian F" will give a sneak peek into Emma's deep rooted issues when her parents come for a visit. Mike Chang's parents will add drama to McKinley High by stepping in to get him back on track when he starts to struggle with his grades. Valerie Mahaffey and Don Most will play Emma's parents, while Keong Sim and Tamlyn Tomita will tackle Mike's.
"Fix You" cover version via the Huffington Post:
More Glee News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son