Audio Stream: 'Glee' Covers Coldplay's 'Fix You' for 'Asian F'
On the latest "First Listen Friday" week of "Glee", a cover version of Coldplay's song is unveiled to tease what's to come on the next episode, "Asian F". The New Directions kids take on the Chris Martin band's 2005 hit single "Fix You" with Mr. Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) on the lead.
This marks the first time ever the "Glee" covers Coldplay. Two years ago, Morrison was supposed to do the band's song but the plan was scrapped after they refused to give their consent. "In the pilot I was meant to sing 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay but they wouldn't give us the rights," he once admitted.
"Then, once the show got started Chris Martin called Ryan [Murphy] to apologize and say we could use whichever song we wanted," he added. In addition, the success of the show has lured Chris' wife Gwyneth Paltrow to become a guest star in several episodes as a substitute teacher Holly Holliday.
Airing October 4, "Asian F" will give a sneak peek into Emma's deep rooted issues when her parents come for a visit. Mike Chang's parents will add drama to McKinley High by stepping in to get him back on track when he starts to struggle with his grades. Valerie Mahaffey and Don Most will play Emma's parents, while Keong Sim and Tamlyn Tomita will tackle Mike's.
"Fix You" cover version via the Huffington Post:
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes