CBS Not Getting Profit From Ashton Kutcher's 'Men' Plugs
Ashton Kutcher has made use of his new show "Two and a Half Men" to promote some tech companies he has ties with. Though so, CBS stated that it gets no benefit from the plugs which were inserted in the second episode of season 9 that aired Monday, September 26.
"This was not part of any advertising transaction with CBS," a representative for the network stated regarding stickers of the companies which are plastered on the computer of Kutcher's Walden Schmidt in a scene. "Our policy is to disclose such financial interests in a credit at the end of the broadcast."
In the second episode titled "People Who Love Peepholes", Kutcher's internet billionaire character is featured working on a laptop which is covered with logos from Internet firms Flipboard, Foursquare, GroupMe and Hipmunk. The actor has a financial stake in each of the companies.
Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley was pleased with this as he tweeted, "Very cool - @aplusk shows off @thehipmunk @chegg @foursquare @groupme stickers on Two and a Half Men PIC from @dens."
Following the broadcast, there was a rumor that CBS would seek financial compensation for the plugs or blur the stickers from repeat viewings and future episodes if the companies refuse to pay. However, the network told The Hollywood Reporter that the report is untrue.
News of Kutcher's "Men" plugs came out on the heels of rumor saying that he cheated on Demi Moore on the same weekend they were supposed to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Although a woman called Sara Leal has spilled on the alleged affair, the 33-year-old hunk and his wife have not released any statement on the issue.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant