CBS Not Getting Profit From Ashton Kutcher's 'Men' Plugs
Ashton Kutcher has made use of his new show "Two and a Half Men" to promote some tech companies he has ties with. Though so, CBS stated that it gets no benefit from the plugs which were inserted in the second episode of season 9 that aired Monday, September 26.
"This was not part of any advertising transaction with CBS," a representative for the network stated regarding stickers of the companies which are plastered on the computer of Kutcher's Walden Schmidt in a scene. "Our policy is to disclose such financial interests in a credit at the end of the broadcast."
In the second episode titled "People Who Love Peepholes", Kutcher's internet billionaire character is featured working on a laptop which is covered with logos from Internet firms Flipboard, Foursquare, GroupMe and Hipmunk. The actor has a financial stake in each of the companies.
Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley was pleased with this as he tweeted, "Very cool - @aplusk shows off @thehipmunk @chegg @foursquare @groupme stickers on Two and a Half Men PIC from @dens."
Following the broadcast, there was a rumor that CBS would seek financial compensation for the plugs or blur the stickers from repeat viewings and future episodes if the companies refuse to pay. However, the network told The Hollywood Reporter that the report is untrue.
News of Kutcher's "Men" plugs came out on the heels of rumor saying that he cheated on Demi Moore on the same weekend they were supposed to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Although a woman called Sara Leal has spilled on the alleged affair, the 33-year-old hunk and his wife have not released any statement on the issue.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story