Scarlett Johansson: Illegal Attempts to Breach My Privacy Are Unjust
Less than two weeks after her nude photos were leaked online, Scarlett Johansson is sharing her point of view on privacy and stardom. In an interview with CNN, the actress playing Black Widow in "The Avengers" admitted that illegal acts to breach her personal privacy feel unjust and wrong.
Asked why it's important for her to protect her privacy, the 26-year-old told reporter David McKenzie, "I think the question is sort of redundant. Who doesn't want to protect their own privacy?" She elaborated, "Just because you're in the spotlight or just because you're an actor or make films doesn't mean you're not entitled to your own personal privacy."
"I've gotten that response from many people that I've met now," she continued on. "They say, 'How do you deal with the invasion of privacy?' I don't know. To me, it's an adjustment. There are certainly instances I think where you give a lot of yourself, finally you just kind of put your foot down and say, 'No wait, I'm taking it back.' "
For the sit down interview, the "We Bought a Zoo" actress wore a gray T-shirt and put her hair up in a messy bun. The chat has actually been shared on CNN site since last Saturday, September 24, but news media like Reuters, PEOPLE and Daily Mail have just picked it up on Wednesday, September 28.
Scarlett has got two naked photos of hers spreading on the web on September 14 after someone hacked into her phone. One of the pictures displays the "Iron Man 2" beauty draped in nothing but a towel while taking a snap of her exposed backside reflected in a mirror, while another one exposes her in topless state.
The ex-wife of Ryan Reynolds has since sent cease and desist letter to a number of websites to refrain them from publishing the pictures. Her lawyer Marty Singer wrote, "The highly personal and private photographs at issue capture our client self-posing in her own home in a state of undress and/or topless. If you fail to comply, you will be acting at your own peril. Please govern yourselves accordingly."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked