Report: Kate Gosselin Struggles to Land New Reality Show
Kate Gosselin is reportedly still trying her luck in unscripted show world after "Kate Plus 8" was axed by TLC. A source tells The Huffington Post that the mother of eight is desperately trying to get a new reality show offer, but the vain attempts make her frustrated.
"She has approached many different networks, including pitching a travel show idea to her old network, TLC, but so far no one has said yes," the source said. "She assumed that given her fame, producers and networks would be knocking her over with job offers and is, to say the least, very surprised that she hasn't received a single one."
A reality show casting director explained Kate's situation, saying that she "is in a very difficult position" like many other reality stars who refuse to go back to their old jobs after being paid to work only three or four months a year. "Plus, who is going to hire them for a real job after they have made a fool out of themselves on TV?" the casting director said.
Should the rumor be true, Kate perhaps needs to listen to her ex-husband Jon Gosselin's suggestion. Earlier this month, the 34-year-old advised her to "get back to a normal life - a simple life" to "provide for your family," reasoning that "there are families out there that have several kids - people work normal jobs, and things work out."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!