Report: Kate Gosselin Struggles to Land New Reality Show
Kate Gosselin is reportedly still trying her luck in unscripted show world after "Kate Plus 8" was axed by TLC. A source tells The Huffington Post that the mother of eight is desperately trying to get a new reality show offer, but the vain attempts make her frustrated.
"She has approached many different networks, including pitching a travel show idea to her old network, TLC, but so far no one has said yes," the source said. "She assumed that given her fame, producers and networks would be knocking her over with job offers and is, to say the least, very surprised that she hasn't received a single one."
A reality show casting director explained Kate's situation, saying that she "is in a very difficult position" like many other reality stars who refuse to go back to their old jobs after being paid to work only three or four months a year. "Plus, who is going to hire them for a real job after they have made a fool out of themselves on TV?" the casting director said.
Should the rumor be true, Kate perhaps needs to listen to her ex-husband Jon Gosselin's suggestion. Earlier this month, the 34-year-old advised her to "get back to a normal life - a simple life" to "provide for your family," reasoning that "there are families out there that have several kids - people work normal jobs, and things work out."
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards