George Clooney Comes to Elisabetta Canalis' Defense on Angry Texts Rumor
George Clooney isn't staying quiet on rumor that Elisabetta Canalis is "at war" with him and his new girlfriend Stacy Keibler. Denying the story published by Us Weekly, the actor playing Governor Mike Morris in "The Ides of March" told TMZ it "was completely fabricated in order to sell magazines."
"I never comment on my personal life unless it affects others...and this lie affects others," the 50-year-old added. He further called out Us Weekly by saying, "Since I would be the only actual witness, I ask you to correct your story immediately, but that would assume you cared at all about telling the truth."
In its current issue, Us Weekly reported that Elisabetta has been sending George and Stacy "nasty" text messages. It was said that the recently-eliminated "Dancing with the Stars" contestant was angry that she has to learn about her ex-boyfriend's new romance through the press.
An insider claimed that Elisabetta "was embarrassed and upset", before adding, "She sent those texts in the heat of the moment." Explaining why the 33-year-old Italian actress did so, the inside source said, "It stung being dumped, and now he's taking Stacy everywhere."
A representative for Elisabetta has also debunked the story. To RumorFix, the rep said, "Us Weekly was informed that the details of their story were untrue - that Elisabetta and Stacy have never met and that she wasn't aware of who Stacy was prior to receiving multiple questions about their apparent relationship. She certainly has never sent her nasty texts either."
More George Clooney News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'