Kristen Wiig May Not Come Back for 'Bridesmaids' Sequel
It has been rumored that "Bridesmaids" will likely have a sequel. However, the possible project might be going without the lead female actress Kristen Wiig. Jon Hamm, who appeared as Ted in the comedy film, has revealed that the 38-year-old actress might not return to reprise her role as Annie.
Talking to E! News' Marc Malkin, Hamm admitted, "I don't think Kristen is going to do it." When he was asked if he is interested to reprise his role for the second time, Hamm said that he might come back if Wiig also returns. The actor who plays alongside Vanessa Hudgens in "Sucker Punch" said, "They need to lock [Wiig] up before me."
Back in May, director Paul Feig hinted that he will move forward for "Bridesmaids 2". "When you get a group that's this deep and this good, it's a crime to not use them again," he told Vulture. "You just want to make sure that you do it as well as you did the first one and try to make it better, even. So, we're up for the challenge."
Although it is still uncertain if Wiig will return, her co-star Melissa McCarthy, who played Megan, said that she will sign on for the sequel, "I will show up wherever these guys tell me to go." She gushed, "If it's a play in their backyard, I will gladly do it. I'll do kids' parties for them, I'll do bar mitzvahs, I'm in."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed