Kellie Pickler Brings Her Family Drama to 'Tough' Music Video
Kellie Pickler has premiered a music video for her latest single "Tough" just in time for her acting debut on "90210". Based on the real life relationship she had with her father growing up, the clip sees her going through a tough childhood when her father was arrested and trying to reconnect with him once he's out of jail.
In real life, the former contestant of "American Idol" was raised by her grandparents. Her father was indeed in and out of jail, while her mother abandoned her and eventually lost her custody. She reflects the bitter story in such lyrics as, "I wanted lace/ I wanted pearls/ To be a princess like the other girls."
"Tough" was written specifically for Pickler by hit songwriter Leslie Satcher. Recorded for her upcoming studio album which is yet to be titled, the song will be performed by the country singer when she guest stars as the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley) in the Shenae Grimes TV series.
Kellie Pickler's "Tough" Music Video
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes