Kellie Pickler Brings Her Family Drama to 'Tough' Music Video
Kellie Pickler has premiered a music video for her latest single "Tough" just in time for her acting debut on "90210". Based on the real life relationship she had with her father growing up, the clip sees her going through a tough childhood when her father was arrested and trying to reconnect with him once he's out of jail.
In real life, the former contestant of "American Idol" was raised by her grandparents. Her father was indeed in and out of jail, while her mother abandoned her and eventually lost her custody. She reflects the bitter story in such lyrics as, "I wanted lace/ I wanted pearls/ To be a princess like the other girls."
"Tough" was written specifically for Pickler by hit songwriter Leslie Satcher. Recorded for her upcoming studio album which is yet to be titled, the song will be performed by the country singer when she guest stars as the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley) in the Shenae Grimes TV series.
Kellie Pickler's "Tough" Music Video
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent