Kellie Pickler Brings Her Family Drama to 'Tough' Music Video
Kellie Pickler has premiered a music video for her latest single "Tough" just in time for her acting debut on "90210". Based on the real life relationship she had with her father growing up, the clip sees her going through a tough childhood when her father was arrested and trying to reconnect with him once he's out of jail.
In real life, the former contestant of "American Idol" was raised by her grandparents. Her father was indeed in and out of jail, while her mother abandoned her and eventually lost her custody. She reflects the bitter story in such lyrics as, "I wanted lace/ I wanted pearls/ To be a princess like the other girls."
"Tough" was written specifically for Pickler by hit songwriter Leslie Satcher. Recorded for her upcoming studio album which is yet to be titled, the song will be performed by the country singer when she guest stars as the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley) in the Shenae Grimes TV series.
Kellie Pickler's "Tough" Music Video
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West