Kellie Pickler Brings Her Family Drama to 'Tough' Music Video
Kellie Pickler has premiered a music video for her latest single "Tough" just in time for her acting debut on "90210". Based on the real life relationship she had with her father growing up, the clip sees her going through a tough childhood when her father was arrested and trying to reconnect with him once he's out of jail.
In real life, the former contestant of "American Idol" was raised by her grandparents. Her father was indeed in and out of jail, while her mother abandoned her and eventually lost her custody. She reflects the bitter story in such lyrics as, "I wanted lace/ I wanted pearls/ To be a princess like the other girls."
"Tough" was written specifically for Pickler by hit songwriter Leslie Satcher. Recorded for her upcoming studio album which is yet to be titled, the song will be performed by the country singer when she guest stars as the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley) in the Shenae Grimes TV series.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting