Kellie Pickler Brings Her Family Drama to 'Tough' Music Video
Kellie Pickler has premiered a music video for her latest single "Tough" just in time for her acting debut on "90210". Based on the real life relationship she had with her father growing up, the clip sees her going through a tough childhood when her father was arrested and trying to reconnect with him once he's out of jail.
In real life, the former contestant of "American Idol" was raised by her grandparents. Her father was indeed in and out of jail, while her mother abandoned her and eventually lost her custody. She reflects the bitter story in such lyrics as, "I wanted lace/ I wanted pearls/ To be a princess like the other girls."
"Tough" was written specifically for Pickler by hit songwriter Leslie Satcher. Recorded for her upcoming studio album which is yet to be titled, the song will be performed by the country singer when she guest stars as the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley) in the Shenae Grimes TV series.
Kellie Pickler's "Tough" Music Video
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist