White Powder Addressed to 'Dancing with the Stars' Is Harmless
Another anthrax scare has hit CBS studios. On Wednesday, September 28, a suspicious white powder was found in a letter which is directed to "Dancing with the Stars". Richard French, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department, has confirmed that the letter was found at around 2 P.M. in a mailroom at CBS Television City.
The L.A. City Hazardous Materials team arrived on the scene about an hour later and tested the material before declaring it is a "non-harmful" substance, but it is still unclear what it is. French explained no one was exposed to the powder and no injury has been reported, adding that the envelope was not directed to a specific participant of "DWTS". Though so, TMZ reported that the letter was addressed to a specific individual - not an on-air personality, connected to the show.
CBS spokesman Chris Ender later released a statement to say that the incident did not affect business operations or show productions except mail room operations which were suspended for a few hours. He declined to comment on what safety precautions CBS may take in the future, considering this is not the first time the studio complex is threatened by an anthrax scare.
Back in November 2010, a similarly harmless envelope of white powder was addressed to Bristol Palin who was competing for "DWTS" at the time. In August this year, a threatening letter was addressed to "The Late Late Show" host Craig Ferguson. The letter was also packed with white powder which was later determined to be harmless.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support