Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' Gets Full Season Order
FOX has given a full TV season order for "New Girl" after broadcasting just two episodes of the new series. The network ordered additional 11 episodes of the Zooey Deschanel-starring comedy, bringing its season 1 order to 24 episodes and making it the first freshman which gets full season pickup this fall.
"We love the charming Zooey Deschanel and the entire cast, we're knocked out with the work that Liz Meriwether and the whole staff is doing and we are really psyched about the upcoming episodes in the pipeline," FOX president Kevin Reilly said on Wednesday, September 28. "It's great that audiences have responded so positively so far and we're confident that even more people will embrace the show - and more comedy on FOX - this season."
"New Girl" debuted to more than 10 million viewers on September 20, marking the highest-rated fall sitcom debut in a decade for FOX. In its second week, the show, which follows a girl moving in with three guys after breaking up with her model boyfriend, maintains around 92% of its premiere audience.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...