Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' Gets Full Season Order
FOX has given a full TV season order for "New Girl" after broadcasting just two episodes of the new series. The network ordered additional 11 episodes of the Zooey Deschanel-starring comedy, bringing its season 1 order to 24 episodes and making it the first freshman which gets full season pickup this fall.
"We love the charming Zooey Deschanel and the entire cast, we're knocked out with the work that Liz Meriwether and the whole staff is doing and we are really psyched about the upcoming episodes in the pipeline," FOX president Kevin Reilly said on Wednesday, September 28. "It's great that audiences have responded so positively so far and we're confident that even more people will embrace the show - and more comedy on FOX - this season."
"New Girl" debuted to more than 10 million viewers on September 20, marking the highest-rated fall sitcom debut in a decade for FOX. In its second week, the show, which follows a girl moving in with three guys after breaking up with her model boyfriend, maintains around 92% of its premiere audience.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia