Tyrese Gibson Kicked Out of Radio Station for 'Disrespecting' Delaware
Tyrese Gibson was dishonorably removed from a radio station in Delaware on Tuesday, September 27 when he took a stand against liquor stores near elementary schools. The "Transformers" star was invited as a guest at WJKS KISS 101.7 and on the way to the station, he saw a liquor store operating near a school.
In his rant, Tyrese told the DJ, "Get them cats out of here ...selling alcohol right across from your kids school, homie - put the pressure on them homie ... you know how to put pressure on dudes selling in your hood." The show went to commercial and Tyrese was asked to leave the building.
TMZ heard from the radio station owner that they felt the actor was "disrespecting" the Delaware community with his comments. Tyrese confirmed the incident, tweeting "I just kicked out of a radio station frm a [program director] who had a problem w/ me speaking on liquor stores that are by elementary schools in Delaware."
A few hours later he added, "If you don't STAND for something.. You will damn near fall for Anything. If you don't know WHO you are.. Or your purpose in life.. You will go your whole life with people TELLING you who you are.."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton