Tyrese Gibson Kicked Out of Radio Station for 'Disrespecting' Delaware
Tyrese Gibson was dishonorably removed from a radio station in Delaware on Tuesday, September 27 when he took a stand against liquor stores near elementary schools. The "Transformers" star was invited as a guest at WJKS KISS 101.7 and on the way to the station, he saw a liquor store operating near a school.
In his rant, Tyrese told the DJ, "Get them cats out of here ...selling alcohol right across from your kids school, homie - put the pressure on them homie ... you know how to put pressure on dudes selling in your hood." The show went to commercial and Tyrese was asked to leave the building.
TMZ heard from the radio station owner that they felt the actor was "disrespecting" the Delaware community with his comments. Tyrese confirmed the incident, tweeting "I just kicked out of a radio station frm a [program director] who had a problem w/ me speaking on liquor stores that are by elementary schools in Delaware."
A few hours later he added, "If you don't STAND for something.. You will damn near fall for Anything. If you don't know WHO you are.. Or your purpose in life.. You will go your whole life with people TELLING you who you are.."
More Tyrese Gibson News
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full