Tyrese Gibson Kicked Out of Radio Station for 'Disrespecting' Delaware
Tyrese Gibson was dishonorably removed from a radio station in Delaware on Tuesday, September 27 when he took a stand against liquor stores near elementary schools. The "Transformers" star was invited as a guest at WJKS KISS 101.7 and on the way to the station, he saw a liquor store operating near a school.
In his rant, Tyrese told the DJ, "Get them cats out of here ...selling alcohol right across from your kids school, homie - put the pressure on them homie ... you know how to put pressure on dudes selling in your hood." The show went to commercial and Tyrese was asked to leave the building.
TMZ heard from the radio station owner that they felt the actor was "disrespecting" the Delaware community with his comments. Tyrese confirmed the incident, tweeting "I just kicked out of a radio station frm a [program director] who had a problem w/ me speaking on liquor stores that are by elementary schools in Delaware."
A few hours later he added, "If you don't STAND for something.. You will damn near fall for Anything. If you don't know WHO you are.. Or your purpose in life.. You will go your whole life with people TELLING you who you are.."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal