Jennifer Hudson On Hand at Weight Loss Center Opening in Chicago
Jennifer Hudson isn't missing out on the opening of a weight loss center that is named after her. The "American Idol" alum stopped in her hometown of Chicago on Tuesday, September 27, to help declare that "The Weight Watchers Jennifer Hudson Center" is open for business.
The Grammy winner, who has lost over 80 pounds, looked stunning in a fitted, ruffled black dress that she paired with high-heeled black boots. Of the center located in a strip mall on Chicago's South Side, she said, "I never thought I would make it to have my own center. I'm so honored to be here and see this day."
Jennifer is a spokeswoman for Weight Watchers and has images of her svelte physique adorning the walls of the new center. At the opening event, the 30-year-old, who won an Oscar for her role in "Dreamgirls", cut the ribbon with Chicago Alderman Will Burns, Chicago Mayor Rham Emanuel and Weight Watchers International's chief technology officer Michael Basone.
Weight Watchers will donate a portion of the center's revenue to a foundation that Jennifer co-founded in honor of her late nephew, Julian King. "I love to target children, because that's the thing that makes a difference," the songstress said. "We hope to do the same thing and start here at home in Chicago with health, with education, with dreams."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot