'True Blood' Star Cast as Maleficent on 'Once Upon a Time'
Kristin Bauer will ditch her fangs to play wicked Maleficent on "Once Upon a Time". The Pamela Swynford De Beaufort of "True Blood" has landed a one-episode guest spot on the new series that will debut on Sunday, October 23, a spokesperson for ABC has confirmed.
Sharing her excitement about the new role, Bauer tweeted on Tuesday, September 27, "Packing for Vancouver - to shoot #OnceUponaTime - new fantastical TV show." She further teased, "Just got to Vancouver & had fantastical wardrobe fitting! Not sure Maleficent's future But the present is pretty fun!"
According to TVLine, the role of the evil witch from "Sleeping Beauty" was originally given to Paula Marshall ("Californication"). However, it was reported that "producers decided to go in a different direction." Bauer will appear in the second episode that will air on October 30.
Coming from "Lost" writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, "Once Upon a Time" is a fantasy family drama that centers its story on Emma Swan who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. Her life is changed after she meets a boy who tries to convince her that fairytale characters actually exist and are living in the modern time.
"House M.D." alum Jennifer Morrison takes the lead role as Emma. She is joined by Ginnifer Goodwin, Joshua Dallas, Jessy Schram, Lana Parrilla and Giancarlo Esposito among others in the cast ensemble.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media