Guns N' Roses, Beastie Boys and RHCP Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
New nominees for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame have been uncovered. Guns N' Roses nab the nod along with previous nominees Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Adam "MCA" Yauch band were nominated in 2007 and 2008, while the Anthony Kiedis group appeared on the list in 2009.
Joining them for the class of 2012 are The Cure, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Donna Summer, and Rufus with Chaka Khan. "The 2012 Nominees embody the broad scope of what 'rock and roll' means," said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation.
To be considered for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an individual artist or band "must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination." Winners for 2012 nominees will be announced at its 27th annual induction ceremony on April 14 next year in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nominees for 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
- Beastie Boys
- The Cure
- Eric B. & Rakim
- Guns N' Roses
- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Freddie King
- Laura Nyro
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rufus with Chaka Khan
- The Small Faces / The Faces
- The Spinners
- Donna Summer
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2