Guns N' Roses, Beastie Boys and RHCP Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
New nominees for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame have been uncovered. Guns N' Roses nab the nod along with previous nominees Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Adam "MCA" Yauch band were nominated in 2007 and 2008, while the Anthony Kiedis group appeared on the list in 2009.
Joining them for the class of 2012 are The Cure, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Donna Summer, and Rufus with Chaka Khan. "The 2012 Nominees embody the broad scope of what 'rock and roll' means," said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation.
To be considered for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an individual artist or band "must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination." Winners for 2012 nominees will be announced at its 27th annual induction ceremony on April 14 next year in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nominees for 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
- Beastie Boys
- The Cure
- Eric B. & Rakim
- Guns N' Roses
- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Freddie King
- Laura Nyro
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rufus with Chaka Khan
- The Small Faces / The Faces
- The Spinners
- Donna Summer
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her