Guns N' Roses, Beastie Boys and RHCP Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
New nominees for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame have been uncovered. Guns N' Roses nab the nod along with previous nominees Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Adam "MCA" Yauch band were nominated in 2007 and 2008, while the Anthony Kiedis group appeared on the list in 2009.
Joining them for the class of 2012 are The Cure, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Donna Summer, and Rufus with Chaka Khan. "The 2012 Nominees embody the broad scope of what 'rock and roll' means," said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation.
To be considered for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an individual artist or band "must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination." Winners for 2012 nominees will be announced at its 27th annual induction ceremony on April 14 next year in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nominees for 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
- Beastie Boys
- The Cure
- Eric B. & Rakim
- Guns N' Roses
- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Freddie King
- Laura Nyro
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rufus with Chaka Khan
- The Small Faces / The Faces
- The Spinners
- Donna Summer
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!