Guns N' Roses, Beastie Boys and RHCP Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
New nominees for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame have been uncovered. Guns N' Roses nab the nod along with previous nominees Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Adam "MCA" Yauch band were nominated in 2007 and 2008, while the Anthony Kiedis group appeared on the list in 2009.
Joining them for the class of 2012 are The Cure, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Donna Summer, and Rufus with Chaka Khan. "The 2012 Nominees embody the broad scope of what 'rock and roll' means," said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation.
To be considered for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an individual artist or band "must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination." Winners for 2012 nominees will be announced at its 27th annual induction ceremony on April 14 next year in Cleveland, Ohio.
Nominees for 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
- Beastie Boys
- The Cure
- Eric B. & Rakim
- Guns N' Roses
- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Freddie King
- Laura Nyro
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rufus with Chaka Khan
- The Small Faces / The Faces
- The Spinners
- Donna Summer
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'