Original 'Wanted' Scribes Sign Up for Sequel
Universal Pictures moves forward with the sequel of action film "Wanted (2008)", which stars Angelina Jolie. The studio has rehired the original screenwriter duo, Michael Brandt and Derek Haas, to pen the script for the upcoming project.
Haas has confirmed the news on his Twitter account and told The Wrap about his involvement in "Wanted 2". "We just always loved the 'Wanted' world and loved working with Universal and (director) Timur (Bekmambetov) on the first one, so we're excited," he said.
However, the scribe himself still doesn't know who is going to direct the sequel. Asked if Bekmambetov might return as the helmer, the "2 Fast 2 Furious" writer said that he'd love to reunite with the filmmaker before adding, "but he's a busy guy."
"Wanted" centers on Wesley (James McAvoy), an office worker who discovers that his own father is an assassin. Wesley also finds out that he has a natural skill for killing. As for the sequel, Haas said that it is "going to take off after the events of what just happened. Pick up Wesley a few years later and go back in for another round."
Despite the success of the first film, Jolie has said she would not return to reprise her role as Fox in the sequel. Explaining her decision to leave the project, she said last year, "Being dead makes it difficult. They were [trying to bring me back], but I kind of feel like if I die in a movie, I should die actually... It would just be doing the exact same thing in another movie, so it's not that interesting to me."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake